Buying presents for the children we’re close to is one of the best parts of the holiday season. But for the foster and at-risk families Bienvenidos Children’s Center serves, this is an out-of-reach luxury. That’s why it is our goal during the holiday season to provide each child in our programs with a high-quality present that captivates their imagination, provides comfort, or fosters a sense of belonging.
Bienvenidos is holding a Holiday Toy Drive where we collect new and unwrapped toys for children between the ages of 0-18, match them to the children in our programs, and distribute the gifts at our holiday events. We rely entirely on your donations to do this.
Suggested gifts include:
- Educational Toys
- Stuffed Animals
- Multi-cultural dolls – for different ages
- Books – for all ages
- Building Blocks
- Toy cars and trucks
- Sports equipment – basketballs, soccer balls, footballs
- Skates/Skateboards and helmets
- Sports jerseys
- Video games/hand held games
- Music and DVDs
- Age-appropriate gifts for teenagers – jewelry, cosmetics, watches, DVD players