By day you teach, work construction, or handle computer problems. By night, you help with homework, read bedtime stories, give hugs, and help children heal.
Today’s foster parents come from a variety of backgrounds – single or married, business owners, soccer moms, t-ball dads, or homemakers and retirees.
As a foster parent, you are an equal partner with social workers, healthcare professionals, and birth parents, striving to nurture, love and advocate for children in your care.
Bienvenidos provides free training and on-going support to foster parents so they can in turn provide a safe, stable, supportive and loving environment to the children placed in their homes. As BFCS is dually licensed as a foster care/adoption agency, our foster parents are eligible to become adoptive parents at no additional cost. We have licensed foster homes throughout the Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino and Riverside Counties.
Foster Parent Requirements
Parents can be new or experienced, and must:
• Be over 21 years old (Married or single, with or without children in the home)
• Have room in their home (house, apartment, etc.)
• Have a stable income – can be retired
• Have a reliable form of transportation and valid identification
• Participate in initial pre-service training as well as ongoing in-service training
• Complete certification paperwork
• Be patient, caring, and show commitment to children
• Pass a criminal background check